Monday, October 1, 2012

Still waiting.....

Okay,

so after this weekend I am happy to report that not only does my family like the mermaid thing, but my boyfriend does as well. My brother gave me the biggest compliment stating that any aquarium, zoo, or big event that would hire me to be a mermaid for them would have the best looking mermaid with the best skills. (okay, so I know my brother was being polite and blowing smoke out his ....well ya, but still it made me feel good). And my boyfriend believes that I have a nitche here in Michigan that no one else has filled yet that gives me a notch up on the competition. He asked a very good question too...

"Who ever said that mermaid HAD to live in the ocean and salt water? NO ONE THATS WHO".

I love that man :)

I am still waiting to hear back from the local zoo, I hope that means that they are really considering having me next summer for a learning experience. But then again, my mother told me that the county is no longer funding the zoo and they are looking for backers. That would possibly make it harder for me to get in there and be a mermiad if there is no one funding the zoo. But I mean, come on, people love zoos, whose going to let it go to the bank?

Swim with fins,

Mermaid Adella

No comments:

Post a Comment